Founded in 1986, the Malaysian Invention and Design Society is the largest body in Malaysia representing individuals, universities and companies who pursue excellence in invention, creativity, innovation, research and development, and industrial design. MINDS is responsible for promoting high standards of invention and design, fostering professionalism and encouraging continuing professional development amongst its members.
Our objectives are:
- To encourage creative thinking and the spirit of invention among the people and businesses of Malaysia
- To promote and enhance the development and utilisation of Malaysian inventions and designs
- To provide advice and guidance to individual inventors and designers as well as companies involved in research and development
- To offer support and guidance in the commercialisation of new inventions and product ideas
- To provide professional development and training programs to enhance competitiveness
MINDS is honoured to have as its patrons, The Right Honourable Dato’ Seri Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Prime Minister of Malaysia and The Hon. Datuk Law Hieng Ding, Minister of Science, Technology and the Environment who have provided the essential leadership for Malaysians to use their creativity and inventiveness to the fullest. Along with the Founding President, Tan Sri Datuk Dr. Augustine Ong, MINDS has provided a platform from which inventors and designers are able to generate ideas and successfully commercialise them into leading brands.
MINDS is active nationally and internationally and associated with the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations. With support from the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment, Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Education and SIRIM, MINDS has established itself as the leading body to support inventions and designers in Malaysia.
Website : http://www.minds.org.my