The Kluang Municipal Council is the Local Authority responsible for the administration, sustainable planning and development as well as the Kluang Municipal’s beauty. The location of Kluang which is situated amidst the State of Johor Darul Ta’zim, is surrounded by all districts, except Muar. Kluang’s area district is 2,8518.8 square kilometres while the Council’s administration area’s is 126.57 square kilometres. Kluang is easily connected to other towns through the road and train network. Year 1915 is the historical year for Kluang. On that year, the administrative centre was established for the Johor central region. In the same year also, the railway line connection which connects Kluang with other major towns were built. Kluang town’s rapid growth started in the 1920’s and 1930’s when the town became a main rubber producer district. Kluang’s Municipal Council were authorized through the Local Government’s Act 1976 (Act 171) and other related acts as well as By-laws to implement its function and responsibility. The establishment history of the post of local superintendent started in year 1920 when the Kluang Municipal Board was opened. The Kluang Municipal Board were upgraded to the Kluang Municipal Council in 1957, Northern Kluang District Council in 1977 and further declared as Kluang Municipal Council in 8th May 2001.