Majlis Daerah Pasir Mas (Pasir Mas District Council), is one of 12 Local Governments in Kelantan, including the Kota Bharu Municipal Council. It was established on January 1st 1979 under the Local Government Act 1976. Pasir Mas territories covers 577 km² while the entire jurisdiction of the Pasir Mas District Council only covers 139 km². It was formed with the merger of Pasir Mas Municipal Board, Rantau Panjang Local Council, To’ Uban Local Council and Gual Periok Local Council.
The objectives of Majlis Daerah Pasir Mas are:
- Plan and execute physical and spiritual development with the blessings of Allah SWT.
- Manage and supervise development projects and ensure they are beneficial to all residents and the district council.
- Answerable to the State and Federal Government concerning development projects.
- Plan programs to boost revenue, in order to one day be fully self sufficient in terms of funding.
- Enforcement of the law and all District Council guidelines.
- Update and upgrade the management and administration machine in order to provide effective service and execution of development programs.
- Provide basic facilities, socio-economic activities, recreation and beautification in line with the concept of a city in the park.
- Raise the quality of life for all district residents.
- Create a perfect District Council jurisdiction worthy of the Mercy of Allah SWT.