Politeknik Ibrahim Sultan formerly known as Politeknik Johor Bahru was opened to students in July 1998. The earlier planning to establish the polytechnic began in 1991 with an effort to identify sites that fits around Johor Bahru area. Palm oil plantation of 100 acres of Lot 1957, Mukim Plentong, Johor Bahru District has finally chosen as a suitable ground conditions and the close proximity to the industrial area of Pasir Gudang. The polytechnic was name as Polytechnic Johor Bahru.
It was then changed its name to Polytechnic Sultan Ibrahim, name after the Sultan of Johor on 15 December 2011. Polytechnic Sultan Ibrahim anchored by 6 departments, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering, Department of Design and Visual Communications, Department of Hospitality and Tourism, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science and the Department of General Studies.
Salam ….. font pkai font aperw ekk…????