Program Latihan Khidmat Negara (PLKN), The National Service Training Programme, is Malaysia’s national service program. The conscripts are 17-year-old youths that are selectively drafted. The three-month program, which started in December 2003, began as way to encourage friendship between youths of certain ages from different races and ethnic groups and address concerns that the country’s various races were becoming increasingly isolated from one another.
- Develop a young generation who are patriotic and with love and devotion for their country
- Enhance unity among the multi-racial communities in the country
- Instill a spirit of caring and volunteerism among society
- Produce an active, intelligent and confident generation
- Develop positive characteristics among the younger generation through good values
- Develop a generation that is obedient and loyal to the government
submitted by fqemo