Kementerian Tenaga, Teknologi, Sains, Perubahan Iklim dan Alam Sekitar, MOSTI + KeTTHA + NRE
- 1973 – The Ministry of Technology, Research & Local Government.
- 1976 – In 1976, in line with its new functions and responsibilities related to environmental issues, the Ministry’s name was changed to the Ministry of Science, Technology & Environment – MOSTE.
- 2004 – The Cabinet on March 27, 2004 has agreed to the restructuring of MOSTE and the Ministry’s name was changed to Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation – MOSTI in order to spearhead the development of National ICT, Multimedia & Innovation.
- 2007 – In 2007, the functions of Science & Technology were broken up according to the clusters of Biotechnology, ICT, Industrial, Sea to Space and Core Cluster of Science & Technology.
- 2016 – On October 3, 2016, MOSTI has been restructured to give more focus on promoting R&D and commercialization programs.
- 2018 – After the Malaysian 14th general election (PRU-14), the entire component of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation – MOSTI, Green Technology & Energy Components from the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology & Water – KeTTHA and related components of Climate Change & Environment from the Ministry of Natural resources & Environment – NRE has been restructured and formed the Ministry of Energy, Technology, Science, Climate Change & Environment.