Many of us knew about Photoshop more than any other graphic programs. But did we know the history of Photoshop..? It was started in 1987 by Thomas Knoll as his educational purpose to write the computer code for his doctoral study specialised in computer vision. It was later attracted his brother John Knoll who’s at that time worked with a visual effect’s company for George Lucas film. Then they both collaborate in developing the code to works on the first colored system Macintosh II.
Here are some of the infos that we might not know about the history of Photoshop:
- 1987 it was started as a computer code named – Display.
- The code was created since the black & white era of computer system with the purpose to show greyscale graphic on monochrome.
- They stuck to name the finished software for selling when the first name they choose – ImagePro and few others are already taken.
- 1988 finally they come up with a new name, PhotoShop (with capital ‘S’ and later moved to small ‘s’).
- The first company interested with Photoshop is Barneyscan, a scanner manufacturer who deal to bundled the first software released version 0.87 with their scanners sold.
- They have tried some other imaging business related companies including Nikon and Kodak, but those companies refuse with the idea of Photoshop for their digital imaging industry.
(Nikon mother company in Japan said they’re hardware manufacturer, they not interested with the software.. though Nikon Europe like the idea of Photoshop)
- A Photoshop demo to Apple computer attracted their engineers and the computer company asked for the software copies.
- It was said the first Photoshop piracy begins in Apple when their engineers passing around the diskette.
- 1989 both Knoll brothers successfully attract the art director of Adobe, Russell Brown who first signed with another image editing software – Letraset Color Studio (now Image Studio), the Adobe’s head later convinced and choose Photoshop to join the company with an agreement and the software known as Adobe Photoshop.
The release of Photoshop 1.0 for Apple Macintosh in 1990 was made successful in the computer graphic industry
This early version of Photoshop successfully been used in movies such as The Abbys, Terminator 2, Hook and many more. The other year later they produce the new version, Photoshop 2.0 with nay more functions supported.
In 1991 the new release Photoshop 2 with CMYK support, Duotones, the Path tool, and rasterization of Illustrator files.
Follow the Timeline of Photoshop since the last 20+ years
credit: photoshopnews.com | maclife.com | gizmodo.com
Latest posts by vectorism (see all)
- Best Free Video Editing Software Without Watermark For PC - 27 Aug 2019
- Beautiful Ramadan Calligraphy Vectors Free To Download - 9 May 2019
- 5 Ways Great Images Improve Sales - 12 Apr 2019