A good brand knows how to appeal to their customers. Whether through marketing promotions, segmented or content marketing. However, most brands may ignore other components they should be building on. Visual component.
Visual marketing is one of those segments. This kind of marketing has a significant influence on visual shoppers and consumers’ buying decisions. When we say visual, we speak on the various factors that make up a visual component; color psychology, emotional design, branding aesthetics, emerging digital trends, etc.
As a company, you should seriously consider exploring visual influences to attract your target consumers. This article will touch on how your visuals can influence consumers buying decisions.
1. Visual component can promote impulse shopping
Have you ever gone shopping with a full-on shopping list but left the store with more products than you intended to buy? What happened? Why do you think you left the store with products that you probably didn’t need? It could be that the packaging and design drew you in, or the placement of the product was spot on. Whatever drew you in, the visuals played a significant factor.
Impulse buying is one way through which the visual components of your brand can influence consumers buying decisions.
To use this to your benefit,
- Make sure your product display is eye-catching.
- Ensure your products are on eye-level with your consumers to give the most visual impulse impact.
- Use interactive digital displays around strategic locations like checkout lines or specific areas around the shopping location. This will encourage last-minute buys.
2. Product visuals can appeal to your consumers’ emotions
Another way your visual aesthetic can influence a consumer’s purchase is through emotional marketing. Emotional marketing is an excellent way brands can connect to their consumers. Luxury brands use this kind of marketing to appeal to the emotional side of their consumers.
Suppose you want to increase your conversion rate. In that case, one strategy you can try is to use different visual components on your brand and in-store to influence your customer’s shopping experience.
The way you display your products can expertly influence the way your customers react to your products.
Improving your customer’s shopping experience can also work on your customer’s feelings. For example, if your customer has a good experience in your store, they are more likely to purchase your products and push your product sales.
You may also like: 10 Simple Tips for Making A Product Card for Selling Online
3. Colors can impact customers’ buying decisions
One visual component brands use to show their presence in a particular location is colors. While color psychology is not an exact science, there is no denying that specific colors evoke certain reactions in people. Red colors build excitement in consumers. Blue shades are calm and relaxed and can make consumers trust your brand. Consumers are attracted to the positive energy that radiates from yellow colors, etc.
Your brand colors can also;
- Influence customers’ perceptions of your products and brands.
- Form the first impressions of a product or brand. Customers can make an instant decision on your product in just 90 seconds. Also, 90% of them will base this perception on the first colors they see associated with your brand.
However, not all brands want to tie down their product to one particular color. In such a case, you can use visual merchandising softwares to help customers visualize your products in different colors.
4. Visual aesthetics can summon nostalgia
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you smell fresh pines, gingerbread, and roast chestnuts? It’s probably the same thing that comes to mind when you see the colors green, red, and gold used together.
Nostalgia is a powerful emotion, and specific colors can easily trigger the feeling of nostalgia in your consumers and influence them to purchase your products. The key is to learn how to activate this emotion with your marketing colors.
Here are some ways you use colors to activate nostalgia in your customers;
- Use holiday-specific colors in your marketing campaigns. You can use it on your TV commercials, product packaging, traditional and online marketing designs, etc.
- Make use of colors to bring back childhood memories to your target customers.
- Create a product that looks and feels local with the power of colors.
- Bring vintage back with the sepia filters and colors that instantly give a vintage feel and evoke nostalgia.
- Use colors associated with specific emotions to propel nostalgia. For instance, you can use pink or red to bring back the feelings of falling in love, romance, etc. in your intended audience.
Nostalgia marketing is a growing and influential segment of marketing and can greatly influence visual shoppers buying decisions.
5. Boost brand familiarity with graphic design
Finally, how a consumer perceives your brand is significant to your visual marketing strategy’s success. A visual consumer can observe your brand from your entire brand persona. This includes your graphics design.
The graphic design your brand chooses to implement can determine how well visual shoppers identify your brand and their decisions towards your brand.
Up to 76% of consumers make their purchases in-store, and if your graphic design doesn’t make you stand out, then you have to rethink your visual influence.
Your graphic design includes;
- Your logo and color scheme
- The font you decide to use in your design.
- The quality of your product graphic designs.
- The contrast and brightness of your design.
- The theme of your design visuals,etc.
We recommend hiring a professional graphics designer to create visuals that stand out for your brand. Similar to essay writing service reviews websites like Writing Judge for hiring writers, there are many sites for hiring professional designs. With the right graphics, you can boost your conversion rate and increase your product sales.
The goal of most businesses is to increase product sales and build brand awareness. Therefore, as a business owner, you should be using all elements available to you to push your business goals.
Using visual components to influence your customers’ buying decisions and drive sales is a crucial strategy you should explore. Follow the points listed in this article to influence visual consumer decisions expertly.