The background of Jabatan Hal Ehwal Khas – JASA
- Established on 11 May 1960 under the name of Bahagian Hal Ehwal Khas – BHEK, or Special Affairs Division.
- The original intention of the BHEK’s establishment is to preserve and maintain political stability and the government of the Alliance.
- To create awareness and understanding of quality, precision and clarity in the political and religious aspects.
- Provide feedback report with accurate, current and valid on issues of politics and religion.
- Provides materials and multimedia publishing current information on politics and religion.
- Prepare and provide expert services to the people face to face communication.
- To provide quality support in terms of financial and human resources.
- Acting on the principle of truth looms Cemerlang` State in carrying out its duties.
- To plan and implement strategies, programs, activities to educate and convince the people to the leaders of the country.
- Mobilise the community to face the thought reform wave of globalisation and information technology.
- To counter propaganda, slander, accusations and rigid thinking and religious extremism among the people.
- Analyse patterns and attitudes of the people towards the government policies.
- Conduct research and prepare reports for issues of socio-political and religious.
- Identify and monitor any issues that could undermine people’s trust in government.