Kementerian Kesejahteraan Bandar, Perumahan & Kerajaan Tempatan, The Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government, previously known as Ministry of Housing and Local Government was established since 1964. The ministry objectives are:
- To establish and implement comprehensive and uniform nationwide rural and urban planning to strengthen and promote physical, social, economic and environmental development.
- To encourage, develop and guide Local Authorities to establish high quality urban, social and recreation services and to provide opportunities for uniform economic growth.
- To ensure adequate comfortable and balanced housing development, complete with social and recreational facilities.
- To ensure the safety of life and property through preventive and supervisory services regarding fire and dangerous materials, efficient and effective emergency and rescue services and the raising of public awareness and education on fires and fire prevention.
- To develop landscaping, parks, and quality recreational facilities and achieve the objective of making Malaysia a garden nation.