Jabatan Meteorologi Malaysia, (Malaysian Meteorological Department) MET Malaysia is a department under the Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI). Among their functions are:
- Maintain a technically-advanced observation station network to support monitoring of weather conditions and seismic activities in the country.
- Issue timely meteorological information and forecasts for civil and military aviation, marine activities and general public.
- Provide early warnings on the occurrences of adverse weather phenomena and dangerous sea conditions in the Malaysian region to the public and relevant agencies involved in disaster mitigation.
- Provide immediate information on earthquake events that affect the country to the public, media and relevant government agencies involved in disaster mitigation.
- Provide seismological information to civil engineering and construction industries.
- Compile quality climatological, atmospheric composition and seismological data and prepare climatological statistics.
- Provide climatological services to users in all sectors of the economy upon request.
- Monitor atmospheric composition in Malaysia and provide information and technical advice on the meteorological aspects of air pollution.
- Conduct cloud seeding operations to increase water resources for agriculture and other purposes.
- Participation in international programmes on research, data collection and exchange, and other related activities in meteorology.Publish meteorological reports and bulletins.
- Provide training in meteorology.
- Promote public awareness on the importance and usefulness of meteorological and seismological information.
- Promote advancement of meteorological and seismological sciences through research.